New England Clam Chowder
- 1lb. bacon
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2.5lbs. potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 8oz butter
- 1 cup flour
- 6 x 6oz cans chopped clams
- 2 tbsp Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 1 gal milk
- 2L heavy cream
- Pre-heat Matador to medium heat.
- Add the chopped bacon and cook until rendered (4-5 minutes), being careful to not brown the bacon.
- Add the onions and celery and sweat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped potatoes and sweat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, then move to the Front Row.
- Add the butter to the bull ring and melt, then add the flour and Greek rub to prepare a roux.
- Mix all together, then add the chopped clams and juice.
- Add the milk and heavy cream and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.