RT-340 Wood Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
THIS AIN’T NO GAME.
The RT-340 is durable, portable, and ready to go! This grill is perfect for small families or the single griller. At 340 square inches, there simply isn’t more bang for your buck anywhere at any price. By focusing on flavor, convenience, and versatility, the RT-340 makes all other grills of this size obsolete. Additionally, our commitment to superior build quality, components, warranty, temperature control, and customer service ensures that you get everything you pay for out of your grill. In short, there isn’t a grill anywhere in the vicinity of this price point that offers the quality of a recteq. Our factory direct pricing eliminates the middleman, changes the game, and makes you the winner. With all the flavor and none of the hassle, recteq offers better flavor than charcoal and are more convenient than gas. You can bake, smoke, sear, grill, and even dehydrate, all with the push of a button. It couldn’t be easier! That’s why those in the know own a recteq.
Below are some undisputed facts that prove why recteq Wood Pellet Grills are the premier grill in the industry:
1. Build Quality
recteq utilizes a combination of high-quality stainless steel designed to last a lifetime. They feature a commonsense design that doesn’t have gimmicky features that create weak points, making our grills something you can pass down to your family as a cherished heirloom filled with years of memories. The ultimate outdoor grill by a mile, we encourage you to buy once and buy right instead of buying inferior products over and over. The RT-340 is even designed for on-the-go grilling, with folding and locking legs to make transport a breeze.
recteq features stainless steel grates, firepots, heat deflectors, and drip pans. They also feature stainless steel hardware as well. We have never in the history of our company had a firepot fail on us; we’ve even driven over it with a dump truck and a steamroller (we’re not kidding)! Our automated self-cleaning shutdown mode virtually eliminates the need to clean our firepots. recteq also utilizes a ceramic ignitor rod that won’t rust or corrode that’s been rated for up to 100,000 lighting cycles.
recteq offers the best warranty in the industry at this price point. The RT-340 comes with a 2-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.
4. Temperature Control
With the most precise controller on the market, our proprietary Smart Grill Technology™ is designed to maintain temperatures to your desired set point. Also, with WiFi capability, you can control your grill from virtually anywhere! This gives you unmatched control, flexibility, and precision. With your recteq reliably holding temperature, you can cook anything you want without worrying about the wild temperature swings that competitor pellet grills struggle with.
5. Customer Service
You simply will not find a company that offers better customer service than recteq. Would you believe that each customer receives both co-founders’ cell phone numbers with their purchase? Well it’s true, and it’s our duty to make you feel as if you’ve truly become part of the recteq family.
We encourage you to read them. They truly speak for themselves.
With world-class grills, world-class customer service, and world-class customers, it’s time to take your grilling game to the next level!
GAME. SET. MATCH.
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Xtreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FULL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 500ºF
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- Iconic micro polished 304 stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked recteq quality
- Locking stainless steel hopper lid | Holds a large platter or dish | Keeps pellets dry and from spilling
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Stainless steel recteq logo | Proof recteq takes pride in even the smallest detail
- Stainless steel fail-proof lid stops | Won't buckle, bend, or break
- Stainless steel spill proof bucket hook | Keep grease bucket from getting knocked off
- 3 reliable stainless steel handles | Conveniently transport while collapsed
- High temperature powder coated lid | Heavy duty | Cleans easily to maintain a vibrant, new appearance
- Insulated Lid | Helps maintain heat, using less fuel
- 2 smoke vent holes | Allows heat to escape evenly across cooking chamber
- Rollerblade style wheels | Easily move your grill in place
- Folding and locking legs | Easily store and transport
- Stainless steel bottom shelf | Increases stability
- 20 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 20+ hours of continuous cooking
- Weighs 80 lbs. | Perfect for tailgating
- 340 sq. in. cooking area | Enough headroom for turkeys or large roasts | Fits 3 racks of ribs
- 511 sq. in. cooking area with optional second shelf | More space means more food
- 304 stainless steel cooking grates | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean
- Centered 304 stainless steel firepot | Indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel heat deflector | Evenly distributes heat throughout cooking chamber
- 304 stainless steel drip pan | Funnels grease out of the cooking chamber into the drip bucket for an easy cleanup
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles | Nearly 300 years of grilling
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Integrated heat vents | Protects electronics from heat
- Easy assembly | Simply attach lid and you're ready to cook
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Component access panel | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping
- 2 Year Warranty | Covers all components
If you are not fully satisfied with your recteq, return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new recteq wood pellet grill.
Ratings & Reviews
The grill has been a great addition to our house. I was worried that it would be to small but the size is perfect. It comfortably fits a 10lb flat brisket, which was my major concern. The heat is quite even at most temperatures ranges, and the displayed temps were accurate. The low setting puts out tons of smoke if needed.
Great all around grill
We RV full time so we purchased due to portability. I have to say that it has exceeded every expectation we had. We are a family of 6, and use 5 nights a week with no issues. 95% of the time it is large enough for what we need. I have even done an almost 20lb turkey on it. If you are in the market for an affordable grill with Rec Tec quality and customer service behind it, this is the one for you.
Robert J Heilig -
I bought the 700 when they first came out, love the smoker and the customer service is always there to help in any way they can, I bought the 340 because I'm a BBQ nut , just tried it out this weekend and it performed perfectly. When were not doing the big cookouts for pool parties this smoker is just great for the Wife and I. Thanks again RecTec for everything.
I have though bout getting one for a long time broke down and got a trailblazer an love it a very good investment
I got this grill because of the size, but I was able to put 4 baby back ribs with a rib rack, also made 2 spatchcock chickens at the same time, also about 30 chicken wings. This grill is small but was amazed how much could fit inside this little grill. Very well build, had one concern called customer service and was answered on 2nd ring, then had a return call to make sure my question, was answered. AMAZING customer service, the only downside about this grill is my wife uses it 90% of the time now.
Rev Tec 340 -
Easy on the pellets and holds temps perfect! Had to adjust the min feed rate a little but now it holds 200 even in 105 temps. Makes perfect BBQ every time! Worked perfect out of the box and is made of heavy stainless, I love this thing.
Great Grill & Customer Service
DAVE HAUPT -
I bought this grill in April, 2018. I am just now writing this review because I experience some issues throughout the past year. RecTec customer service people were very helpful but the grill never really worked "as advertised" until recently.
Originally, the grill would not hold temperature consistently, especially at lower settings. After working with the customer service people, I received a new controller which I installed but the problem persisted. I returned the grill and received a new one.
Over the course of the summer, we used the grill often; cooking some really great meals....ribs, chicken, steaks, etc. We were really glad we "traded in" our old gas grill! The temperature settings, however, varied during use but not so bad that I felt it worth complaining......just a feeling that the advertised performance was just that....advertising.
Recently I started experiencing a new set of problems....the unit would shut down in the middle of grilling a meal. The error code indicated a faulty temperature probe. I received a new probe at no charge and installed it.
WELL......now this grill works even better than before which makes PERFECT sense. I always thought the company was experiencing controller problems in their new product line. I now know that no controller can work correctly if the input information is faulty. After the new temperature probe was installed, this grill works "as advertised" and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The only reason I give this product 4 stars rather than 5 is the length of time taken to bring this product "up to speed"!!
Great Grill - and portable too!
Buy with confidence - this is a fantastic grill! This is my first pellet grill, and I am impressed! I've cooked on it almost every day since it arrived.
I've owned/used charcoal smokers and electric smokers in the past, and I can honestly say that the pellet grill is the easiest way to smoke!
Now, why Rec-Tec vs the others? One of my main requirements was that I needed something that could easily be put in the truck bed. This narrowed my search to Rec-Tec and Traeger.
I bought the Rec-Tec based on historically positive reviews - and now, I can honestly say Rec-Tec lives up to the hype! Build quality is great, assembly is simple, and it is very very easy to use! The Wifi controller is very very handy as well.
Note on the size: This can cook 1 - maybe 2 - things (i.e., 2 8-10lb pork shoulders side-by-side) simultaneously. It is a smaller grill. Fine for my needs, but for a grill that will never leave the house, consider a larger Rec-Tec.
If, however, you're looking for a great portable pellet grill, look no further than the Trailblazer!
great grill but needs a couple of minor fixes
Chris Minogue -
Grill holds temp very well when left closed. So far the food has been amazing. I am extremely happy with the purchase.
Areas of improvements:
Hopper - The angle in the hopper needs to be steeper. I had my temp drop on me due to pellets not feeding. There were still looks of pellets in the hopper, they just were not getting sucked into the auger.
RecTec App - couple of major anouances:
I down loaded the app after 2/14/2018. Why are you showing me this message? This should only display for older versions of the application.
Wifi connect - Alarm settings are annoying. What I mean by this is I set a 10 degree notification. When my temp goes outside of this setting the phone alarms me. The issue is that every degree change (probably a timer) results in an alarm on my phone. When I open the grill there a large change in temp which results in 15 or so alarms in a 3 minute period. The constant alarms causes an end user to get annoyed and just stop using the setting. (google Alarm Fatigue). Suggestion would be to alarm and allow the user to stop future alarms until the grill returns to expected temperature for 2 cycles (ie 2 temp checks). Once you are at the correct setting then re-engage the alarm.
Great grill doesnt use that much pellets
Thomas McCormick -
The heat adjuster was a little bent when I got it but still works