RT-1250 Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
THIS AIN’T NO GAME.
The best just got better. The RT-1250 is here, and you won't find more bang for your buck anywhere! With the RT-1250's newly added features and design, you will be ready to feed the whole neighborhood. By focusing on flavor, convenience, and versatility, the RT-1250 sets the new standard in grilling. Our commitment to superior build quality, components, warranty, temperature control, and customer service ensures that you get everything you pay for and then some. In short, there isn’t a grill anywhere in the vicinity of this price point that offers the quality of a recteq. Our factory direct pricing eliminates the middleman, changes the game, and makes you the winner. recteq offers better flavor than gas and are more convenient than charcoal. You can bake, smoke, sear, grill, and even dehydrate, all with the push of a button. It’s that easy! You'll become a pitmaster with none of the hassle. That’s why those in the know own a recteq.
Below are some undisputed facts that prove why recteq Wood Pellet Grills are the premier grill in the industry:
1. Build Quality
The RT-1250 is built like a tank. recteq® utilizes high-quality stainless steel designed to last a lifetime. We feature a commonsense design with no gimmicks or weak points. The RT-1250 is something you can pass down to your family as a cherished heirloom filled with years of memories. The ultimate outdoor grill by a mile, we encourage you to buy once and buy right instead of buying inferior products over and over.
recteq features 304 stainless steel grates, firepots, drip pan, and hardware. We also include a stainless steel logo and smokestack cap. We have never in the history of our company had a firepot fail on us; we’ve even driven over it with a dump truck and a steamroller (we’re not kidding)! recteq® also utilizes a ceramic ignitor rod that won’t rust or corrode that’s been rated for up to 100,000 lighting cycles.
recteq offers the best warranty in the industry, bar none. The RT-1250 comes with a 6-year horn-to-hoof warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.
4. Temperature Control
With the most precise controller on the market, our proprietary Smart Grill Technology™ is designed to maintain temperatures to your desired set point. Also, with WiFi capability, you can control your grill from virtually anywhere! The RT-1250 features a dual-band chip to ensure a more seamless wifi connection. The dual-band chip can connect to both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz. This gives you unmatched control, flexibility, and precision. With your recteq® reliably holding temperature, you can cook anything you want without worrying about the wild temperature swings. Repeatable cooking offers repeatable results and our controller does that better than anyone!
5. Customer Service
You simply will not find a company that offers better customer service than recteq. Once you join the recteq® family, you're a member for life. Whether you need to call or email, anytime you reach out you'll find someone on the other side who cares.
We encourage you to read them. They truly speak for themselves.
With world-class grills, world-class customer service, and world-class customers, it’s time to take your grilling game to the next level!
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Integrated Dual-Band Chip | NEW! Now featuring a dual-band chip to ensure a more seamless wifi connection. This new hardware can connect to both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz.
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Xtreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FUL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 550ºF (possibly even 700ºF)
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- Iconic micro polished stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked recteq quality
- Newly redesigned stainless steel controller shelf | Features sleeker look | New tool hooks | 120V 3-prong outlet on the back | Holds a larger platter or dish | Protects critical components along with a pet protected wire conduit
- Stainless steel front folding shelf | New redesigned front folding shelf comes standard on the RT-1250
- Anchor point tie downs | Four anchor point tie downs for securing your RT-1250 for safe transportation
- Stainless steel grease diverter | Helps to limit grease dripping and keeps the beauty of your grill
- Stainless steel hopper lid | Doubles as a warming surface
- Stainless steel hopper lid handles | For easy access from either side of your grill
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Hopper rack hooks | New for the RT-1250, on the back of your hopper you will find rack hooks for you to place your secondary grill grates
- Stainless steel recteq® logo | Proof recteq® takes pride in even the smallest detail
- Stainless steel fail-proof lid stops | Will withstand the weight of the lid without buckling, bending, or breaking
- Stainless steel spill proof bucket hook | Keep grease bucket from getting knocked off
- Stainless steel smokestack cap | Holds up to higher temperatures and will last a lifetime
- Stainless steel pull bar handle | Allows you to easily move your grill
- High temperature powder coated lid | Heavy duty | Cleans easily to maintain a vibrant, new appearance
- Durable neoprene wheels and locking swivel casters | Easily move and lock your grill in place
- 40 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 40+ hours of continuous cooking
- Bottom shelf | Provides storage and stability
- 1250 sq. in. cooking area | Removing the sliding second rack, you will have enough headroom for multiple turkeys and beer can chicken | With the sliding second rack in, you can fit up to 10 large racks of ribs
- 1250 sq. in. cooking area with removable large 2nd shelf | More food means more friends
- 2 grill grates made from 1/4" 304 stainless steel rod | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean | New grate hook for easy grate removal
- New ultra heavy cast iron heat deflector | Virtually indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel drip pan | Funnels grease out of the cooking chamber into the drip bucket for an easy cleanup
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Component access panel | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI Outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping
- 6 Year Warranty | Industry leading
- recteq world-class customer service | Unmatched individualized customer satisfaction
If you are not fully satisfied with your recteq, return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new recteq.
Ratings & Reviews
Could not be happier with my purchase of the RT-1250. Customer service was spot on, I had the option of taking delivery of the grill only three days after I purchased, but delayed it due to being out of town. The build quality is next level, and this thing is sturdy. The horns and door weigh close to 20 pounds alone. Assembly was easy and straightforward, it took me about 90 minutes to assemble by myself. Grill fired right up and was able to do my burn in the same night I assembled. I cooked a bunch of 80/20 burgers for my first cook, and they turned out great! I have a brisket prepped for this weekend, and am excited to see how it turns out.
That thing looks awesome was exactly what I was looking for with the sliding shelf unfortunately wasn’t available earlier this year when I bought the rt700.
Can't go wrong with the RT-1250!
Rich in H-Town
I had been a long time user of another brand pellet smoker for almost 10 years. I had my eye on the RT-700 and was about to pull the trigger on it when I discovered the new RT-1250. I liked the upgraded features of the RT-1250 and purchased it.
This thing is built like a tank! I had it built in about 2 hours (I really took my time) and performed the recommended burn in. First cook was some chicken thighs and legs....delicious! Next...I did a brisket. Temp was set to 225 and the RT-1250 held the temp within 2-3 degrees the entire 15 hour cook! My old pellet smoker would have wild temperature swings of 20-30 degrees on a regular basis! I could not believe how stable the temp on my new RT-1250 was.
I connected the grill WiFi to my home network on the first attempt and it has never dropped. I love the ability to track and change the temp of the smoker and probes from my phone...anywhere I may be. I can't wait to cook on it again. I really love this smoker and you will too!
Highly Recommend the RT-1250
Grill is built very well. Easy to assemble. Looks AWESOME!!!
Oh my goodness this looks to be a home run that is way out of the ballpark. I think the enhancements are well thought out and increases functionality. Nice job guys 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Recteq lifestyle just got better. Amazing grill.
I upgraded from the 340 to the 1250 after about 18 months. What an upgrade.
Super easy to assemble. Took me 90 minutes all by myself. Help would probably get you under an hour.
They really did some improvement on the WiFi. I had a tough time getting the 340 on WiFi. This grill connected 1st try, straight from the app. No issues at all.
Build quality is amazing. Everything was in great shape when I got it. Every part feels indestructible. Miles ahead of any other grill I have seen.
Heats up quick, cooks really evenly. Exactly what I wanted it to be. This really is a great company.
Now, com on Recteq, it’s time for a grill set. I want a spatula and tongs with the bull on them.
You go big or go home, so I went with the 1250. The grill arrived Friday morning and had a brisket on it that night. The brisket came out perfect and even made some smoked Buffalo chicken dip. The WiFi controller worked perfectly and allowed me to keep the temps right where I needed them. If you want a smoker, this is the one!
So excited to start rollin’ smoke on the RT-1250!
Steven W. -
Well… I can’t review it yet…. But I can say I just ordered it and I’m can’t wait! So excited! Thanks Recteq for your amazing products. Steve W.
So far so great.
While assembling it does feel large and heavy duty. Overall assembly was easy and enjoyable. After assembling I heated to 400. It took about 15 min to get to 400. I then wanted to check the 700 degree high and it reached and maintained 690.
First cook was a brisket. I used a trick I saw and I made the most use of the cast deflector. By that I mean I put wood chips right on the cast deflector to really amp up the smoke potential. It did shoot past the 215 set temp but that was fine cause I opened it to put the brisket in. When it settled in at 215 less then five minutes after closing the lid is stayed dead on the entire cook. Huge smoke ring. Decent smoke flavor, more then most every other pellet smoker I’ve had brisket off of. That may have been the most impressive part.
Overall the whole thing is impressive. From the racks, to the lid, to the 40# hopper, it all is very well built. It’s expensive, yes, but I am very happy with my purchase.
Strong as a bull
This is built like a tank. During freight this thing (RT-1250) was hit with a forklift at some point. Box was screwed, and was skeptical on even accepting the shipment. Took a chance and let the build quality you hear so much about come into play. It had literally a scuff on the front. A scuff…I was impressed. Kudos to the build quality. Setup was easy, WiFi connected easily, and so far (been smoking a solid twelve hrs with a temp deviation of only a few degrees) so good. Definitely want to grab this bull by the horns ;)