Cuban Pulled Pork Tacos With Jicama Coleslaw
- 1 bone-in Boston butt (8-12lbs.)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp MSG (accent)
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Louisiana Hot Sauce (must be mild and thin)
- Casanova's Competition Rub
- 1/2 jicama, grated
- 1/2 small red onion, grated
- 1/4 head red cabbage
- 2 or 3 carrots, grated
- 3-4 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Dressing for Slaw:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Prepare injection by combining apple juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, MSG and hot sauce in sauce pan (do not boil).
- Let cool.
- Trim Boston butt by removing excess fat from the lean side of the meat.
- Inject Boston butt and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove Boston butt from refrigerator and heat recteq to 350ºF.
- Season Boston butt with Casanova's Competition Rub and place in recteq for 2.5 hours.
- Cover Boston butt with foil.
- Cook on recteq for an additional 2.5 hours to an internal temperature of 195ºF-205ºF.
- Remove Boston butt from grill.
- Wrap in towel or blanket and let rest for 2 hours.
- Pull pork.
- Put on warmed flour tortilla, spoon on slaw, and add taco sauce to taste.