You've got your ICER with your favorite drinks, and it's a hot summer day. Sure, you want to smoke something, but you're craving something a little cooler. It's the perfect time to hard boil some eggs, smoke them on your recteq, and slather that goodness on your favorite sourdough bread.
- 12 Hardboiled Eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Dill Pickle Relish, chopped coarse
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce 2 teaspoons Ben’s Heffer Dust
- 8 slices White Bread
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cheese Grater
- Burning the Ultimate Blend pellets, preheat recteq to 'LO', the grill should be around 180°F.
- Place the peeled hardboiled eggs on a non-stick cooking mat and add them to the recteq, allow to smoke for 10-15 minutes. Remove the eggs from the recteq and let them cool in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- While eggs are cooling, in a large mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard, chopped sweet dill pickle relish, Sriracha sauce and mix well. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Once the eggs are cooled, use a box grater to grate the eggs into the mayonnaise mixture, mix well and allow the mixture to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mix together.
- To build the sandwiches, generously spread 1/2 cup of the egg mixture on the sliced white bread, top with another slice of white bread, repeat.
Brighten up the sandwiches with some butter lettuce and sliced tomato and sprinkle a little dill for an added herby flavor.