- 1 x 12-15lb. beef brisket
- Beef broth
- Vegetable oil
- 2-3 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili or ancho powder
- 1 tsp chipotle or cayenne pepper powder
- Trim fat to about a quarter inch, then inject brisket with beef broth.
- Rub brisket liberally with vegetable oil.
- Mix all ingredients for rub in a bowl.
- Apply an even coat of the rub all over and wrap with foil.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Remove foil.
- Preheat recteq to 225ºF.
- Place brisket fat side down on the grill.
- Cook until an internal temp. of 203° is reached.
- Once done, wrap in foil and let rest for about 45-60 minutes.
- Slice across the grain in 1/4" slices.