This epic Texas Style Brisket will be a hit for any event. With garlic, chili, chipotle and a hint of smoke, this will become your favorite recteq recipe.
- 1, 12-15 pound Beef Brisket
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 2-3 tablespoons coarse ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated White Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Mustard Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Chili or Ancho Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle or Cayenne Pepper Powder
- Trim fat to about a quarter inch, then inject brisket with beef broth.
- Rub brisket liberally with vegetable oil.
- Mix all ingredients for rub in a bowl.
- Apply an even coat of the rub all over and wrap with foil.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Remove foil.
- Preheat recteq to 225ºF.
- Place brisket fat side down on the grill.
- Cook until an internal temp. of 203° is reached.
- Once done, wrap in foil and let rest for about 45-60 minutes.
- Slice across the grain in 1/4" slices.
You can't go wrong with Texas Style Brisket along with your favorite potatoes and a colorful Grilled Elote Salad.