RT-2500 BFG Wood Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
THIS AIN’T NO GAME.
The RT-2500 BFG is the king of the mountain in pellet grilling, and you won’t find more bang for your buck anywhere or at any price. By focusing on flavor, convenience, and versatility, the RT-2500 makes all other grills obsolete. Additionally, our commitment to superior build quality, components, warranty, temperature control, and customer service ensures that you get everything you pay for out of your grill. In short, there isn’t a grill anywhere in the vicinity of this price point that offers the quality of a recteq. Our factory direct pricing eliminates the middleman, changes the game, and makes you the winner. With all the flavor and none of the hassle, recteq offers better flavor than charcoal and more convenience than gas. You can bake, smoke, sear, grill, and even dehydrate, all with the push of a button. It’s that easy! That’s why those in the know own a recteq.
Below are some undisputed facts that prove why recteqs are the premier grill in the industry:
1. Build Quality
With 2500 square inches of cooking space, this grill is built like a tank. Simply put, it’s a big freakin’ grill! recteq utilizes a combination of high-quality stainless steel designed to last a lifetime. They feature a commonsense design that doesn’t have gimmicky features that create weak points, making our grills something you can pass down to your family as a cherished heirloom filled with years of memories. The ultimate outdoor grill by a mile, we encourage you to buy once and buy right instead of buying inferior products over and over.
recteq features stainless steel grates, firepots, heat deflectors, and drip pans. They also include a stainless steel logo and smoke cap, with stainless steel hardware as well. We have never in the history of our company had a firepot fail on us; we’ve even driven over it with a dump truck and a steamroller (we’re not kidding)! Our automated self-cleaning shutdown mode virtually eliminates the need to clean our firepots. Additionally, we added two interior lights for those late-night cooks. recteq also utilizes a ceramic ignitor rod that won’t rust or corrode that’s been rated for up to 100,000 lighting cycles.
recteq offers the best warranty in the industry, bar none. The RT-2500 BFG comes with a 6-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.
4. Temperature Control
With the most precise controller on the market, our proprietary Smart Grill Technology™ is designed to maintain temperatures to your desired set point. Also, with WiFi capability, you can control your grill from virtually anywhere! This gives you unmatched control, flexibility, and precision. With your recteq reliably holding temperature, you can cook anything you want without worrying about the wild temperature swings that competitor pellet grills struggle with.
5. Customer Service
You simply will not find a company that offers better customer service than recteq. Would you believe that each customer receives both co-founders’ cell phone numbers with their purchase? Well it’s true, and it’s our duty to make you feel as if you’ve truly become part of the recteq family.
We encourage you to read them. They truly speak for themselves.
With world-class grills, world-class customer service, and world-class customers, it’s time to take your grilling game to the next level!
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual 46" meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Xtreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FULL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 500ºF
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- 53 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 53+ hours of continuous cooking
- Iconic micro-polished 304 stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked recteq quality
- Stainless steel controller shelf | Holds a large platter or dish | Protects critical components
- Stainless steel hopper lid | Doubles as a warming surface
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Dual stainless steel hopper lid handles | For easy access from either side of your grill
- Limited edition custom recteq logo | Show off your REC TEC pride with this limited edition REC TEC emblem
- Hydraulic lid system | Open and close your lid with ease
- Dual stainless steel spill-proof bucket hooks | Keep grease buckets from getting knocked off
- Dual smoke stacks with stainless steel caps | Holds up to higher temperatures and will last a lifetime
- Dual reinforced stainless steel pull bar handles | Allows you to easily move your grill
- High temperature powder coated steel lid with welded reinforced frame | Heavy duty | Cleans easily to maintain a new appearance
- (4) 6" locking caster wheels | Easily move and lock your grill in place
- Bottom shelf | Provides ample storage
- (4) Snag-free tool hooks | Keeps cooking tools at an arm's reach
- (4) Stainless steel tie-down points | Immobilize your grill for transport or secure it in place
- 2,535 sq. in. total cooking area with 3 racks | Cook more food than ever before with removable and adjustable middle and top racks
- Dual 761.5 sq. in. removable middle and top racks | Removes with ease
- Dual interior lights | Easily removable, dishwasher safe glass lens | Grill day or night
- 6 grill grates made from 5/16" 304 stainless steel rods | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean
- Integrated stainless steel meat hanger | Removable rod for smoking meats easily
- Centered 304 stainless steel firepot | Indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel heat deflector with integrated smoke tray | Evenly distributes heat throughout cooking chamber
- Dual 304 stainless steel drip pans | Funnels grease out of the cooking chamber into the drip buckets for easy clean up
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles | Nearly 300 years of grilling
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Integrated heat vents | Protects electronics from heat
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Component access panels | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping - The BFG is a very heavy grill and will require a minimum of 2 people to move / assemble once delivered
- 6 Year Warranty | Industry leading
- recteq world-class customer service | Unmatched individualized customer satisfaction
If you are not fully satisfied with your recteq, return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new recteq wood pellet grill.
Ratings & Reviews
Jim Milligan -
Unpacked and used my new BFG this past weekend. It is great. All the flavor and ease of the RT680 while allowing for a ton of additional cooking space. First dinner was 10 NY Strips, 20 ears of corn, 2 large trays of roasted potato and roasted green beans all cooked together.
BFG RT -2500
Greg Gladfelder -
Fantastic smoker excellent manufacturing it assemble with no hassles
BFG RT 2500
Shawn Riley -
Very excited about the new grill, currently and owner of the the RT700. Unit heats up fast and holds temperature. On observation which did not impact the rating. the wires seem exposed from grill to controller. Have dogs that would love to devour. Reason for 4 star. Grommets that hold the handles were not anchored tightly and one was stripped. Called customer service explained that I was calling about the 2500. About an hour later received email that parts were mailed. Called back indicating they had send me a new handle assembly for my 700 not new grommets and screws. Agent indicated that he had cancelled and corrected order. A week later received handle replacement for 700 and never received grommets and new screw/bolts.
BFG RT 2500
Scott mittleider -
Its a vary well made, with heavy duty grates and big firepot. its a vary big Grill can feed a lot of people. It holds temp to within a few degrees and can reach high temperatures easy.
Ron - Michigan -
Wow! This is one BIG grill! I've toyed with the idea of getting a pellet grill/smoker for some time. Was tempted to buy a Traeger at the local bulk warehouse. So glad I didn't! Rec Tec is by far a better quality product for the money. Assembly was just as the instructions directed. You will need help though! Broke it in with four slabs of ribs. Did a fantastic job! Only thing more I wish was offered for the RT-2500 would be a side cold smoke box. Other than that, awesome grill!
Ed Burrow -
I started years ago with a Grill Dome porcelain grill. 16 years ago I upgraded to a Primo Oval. Both of these use lump charcoal. I tried a Traeger for a few months but wasn’t satisfied with the results. I had looked at the Rec Tec when shopping for a pellet grill but passed due to the cost. In June I was at a friends home in VA. He had this very grill. After going through the process with him my mind was made up. I order this grill on the way home. It is steady on the temp and has the capacity I wanted. The wi-fi is a great option, not only for monitoring temps but for starting the grill while I am enroute home. Quality is awesome. Needless to say this is my go to now. The Traeger has found a home, a friend got a great deal. Do your due diligence then go with Rec Tec.
Larry Morano -
This is my 6th purchase and obviously, the most expensive of my grill purchases from RecTec. Well, it was well worth the money! I even sold my Memphis Elite after I received my BFG 2500. This grill is huge but the PID control is as accurate as my RT700.<br> There was alot of detail put into the pre production phase. Good job guys! I want to thank Ben in assisting with my purchase and Adam for taking care of me with any question or need I had. I have referred or saved at least 7 people from buying the inconsistent Traeger and have had them go RecTec. My next purchase will be the "Wyldside". Summary, don't bother researching other pellet grills, Become e member of the RecTec family
Danny Parker -
Nice, well built quality smoker. Only real issue is the design for attaching the combo shelf/controller. What a pain. No room for fingers or tools. A better simpler attachment design gn would make this a “5”
Dan Graham -
This thing is amazing. No complaints at all. Holds temp perfectly !
Richard Talbert -
I have on one other grill and this grill by far is so much better. It Burns much more efficiently and you are able to fine tune the cooking temperature. The grill is very heavy and feels solid. The pictures and descriptions do not do this grill justice. I was hesitant on buying it because I was not able to see it in person. But I'm glad I did buy it. It far exceeds my expectations. And the customer service is incredible. While I was building my grill I broke the wires to the temperature probe. I emailed them and they called me the next day and put it in the mail the same day I talked to them at no charge to me. I wish I had bought this grill over my old one several years ago. If you have a choice on the next pellet grill you buy make it a REC TEC any REC TEC, you cant go wrong with this company.