Stop going to the fast food drive-thru when you can easily make your favorite meal just as good...actually better! This ultimate beef n' cheddar recipe is smoky, cheesy, and oh so easy to make, what more could you want?
- 6 pack onion Kaiser Rolls
- 3 pounds Eye Round Roast
- 1 tablespoon Ben's Heffer Dust
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Flour
- 32 ounces Pilsner Beer
- 16 ounces aged Cheddar, shredded
- 16 ounces white Horseradish
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Preheat recteq to 275°F
- Season eye round with Bens Heffer Dust and smoke until 135°F internal temperature, about 90 minutes.
- Add a cast iron skillet to the recteq with 30 minutes remaining in the beef.
- Add the butter and flour to make a roux, add the beer and allow to simmer and become thick.
- In small amounts add the cheese and combine until the cheese has melted and become thick.
- Slice the eye round as thinly as possibly and pile on the toasted onion roll.
- Top with the creamy beer cheese and enjoy!
Fry up some curly fries and make a quick coleslaw to go with these delicious sandwiches.