On a beautiful, crisp October morning, in Evans, Georgia, traffic started picking up long before sunrise. Eager fans formed a line to hit the Scratch & Dent Sale and employees and volunteers arrived even earlier to set up food, seating, retail stations, and product demonstrations across the recteq grounds. Throughout the day, over 120 sets of hands helped make this magic possible. (Not to mention months of strategizing and planning that went into it ahead of time).
You could feel the excitement in the air, and the savory aroma of meat smoking on dozens of grills was deliciously distracting. After a while, the live music began, and a collection of classic cars was carefully driven into place for admiration and photo ops. It was the beginning of a truly wonderful day of friends, fun, and lots of tasting opportunities. If you weren’t able to make it to recteq Fest 2022, you really missed a wonderful time.
All in all, recteq Fest 2022 was an incredible success. For the recteq team, it was a great opportunity to connect with so many of our customers. We loved seeing your enthusiasm for the brand and getting a chance to give back to you with an event we could all enjoy together was truly rewarding.
Here's just a short recap of some of the highlights of the event:
- Over 120 employees and volunteers came together to help out.
- Eleven classic cars were on display for your enjoyment and photo opportunities.
- Seven live bands shared incredible music throughout the day.
- Guests enjoyed free food and drink across the grounds.
- Customers took advantage of generous discounts during the limited time Scratch & Dent Sale.
- The recteq family shopped new products including exclusive consumables & brand merch.
- Kids of all ages enjoyed the Kidzone with several inflatables, our custom-designed playground, chalk art station, and an amazing face paint artist who gave the kiddos (and a few grown-ups) any design they could dream up.
The food was truly epic. In total, we served:
- 2 pallets of soda
- 4 pallets of water
- 4000 pulled pork tacos
- 4000 BBQ dogs
- 4000 pulled pork sliders
- 120 gallons of hash
- 150 pounds of rice
- over 500 pounds of whole hog
That’s over 3,000 pounds of pulled pork in total. We bet you’ve never seen that much meat in one place. We're pretty sure everyone left full and tired. What a great day for the recteq family. If you have any photos from the event, we'd love to see them. Be sure to tag us on social media: