Cook up this simple and savory Ultimate Loaded Country Gravy on your recteq wood pellet grill. It's a great start for any breakfast menu!
- 1lb. country sausage
- 1/2lb. country ham, diced
- 1/2lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 onions
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp Ben’s Heffer Dust
- 1/2 tsp Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 1/2 gal milk
- Pre-heat recteq to 400 with a 7qt cast enamel Dutch oven.
- Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp, stirring every few minutes. Remove the bacon, drain, and reserve any excess grease.
- Add the country sausage and cook until cooked through. Stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any large clumps of sausage.
- Add the country ham, onions, the previously cooked bacon, Ben's Heffer Dust, and Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the flour to make the roux, fi the flour is still dry, y ou can add a few tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Add the milk and allow the gravy to come to a simmer. Serve over fresh biscuits.
Serve with fresh baked warm biscuits, scrambled eggs, and fruit for the ultimate breakfast.