Smoked scalloped potatoes are great any time of the year, but they really hit the spot when the weather turns cooler. Serve them up with your favorite BBQ smoked proteins and roasted veggies, and you will earn a table full of happy people.
- 5 pounds white potatoes
- 1/2 quart heavy cream
- 2 cups smoked white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Ben's Heffer Dust
- 2 tablespoons Colden's Freakin' Greek
- Pre-heat recteq to 350℉.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, slice the potatoes very thinly.
- In a baking dish, place a layer of the potatoes on the bottom, then sprinkle with the Greek rub and Heffer Dust, and add a sprinkle of cheese and about 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Repeat the process until the dish is 3/4 full.
- Cover the potatoes with plastic wrap then foil and cook for 45 minutes until potatoes are tender, then remove the foil and plastic and cook for an additional 15 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving.