First off, we definitely suggest getting some gloves before slicing jalapeños. Cook up a batch of these Jalapeno Pork Poppers to start any meal off with a bang.
- 12 Fresh jalapeños
- 1 pound Pork sausage
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Ron's Screamin' Pig Rub
- 1 pound Thin cut bacon
- 1 teaspoon Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Mixing Bowl
- Tooth Picks
- Mesh Cooking Mat
- Preheat the recteq to 275ºF.
- Core jalapeños and cut in half lengthwise, then set aside.
- Brown sausage and let cool.
- Add the cream cheese and Ron's Screamin' Pig Rub in with the sausage, mix well.
- Stuff mixture into jalapeño.
- Sprinkle the Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub over the bacon before wrapping the jalapeños.
- Wrap bacon around jalapeño and secure with a toothpick and place on a mesh cooking mat.
- Grill for 1.5 hours.
The cooking temperature and time depends on how you like your bacon.
These Jalapeño Pork Poppers will get the party started! Looking for a great meal to follow them up? Consider Frank Campanella’s Tri-Tip Steak & Queso with a side of corn on the cob.