Looking for a special dessert? This Vanilla Bean Crème Brulée recipe is the perfect sweet indulgence to cook on your recteq wood pellet grill.
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 12 large eggs, yolks only
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat recteq to 375°. In a small sauce pot, add the cream.
- On a small cutting board, slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise; use the back of the knife to scrape out the small vanilla bean seeds. Add the vanilla beans and stem into the cream; place the pot in the recteq and allow the cream to warm.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar and whisk well until light and frothy.
- Once the cream is hot (+160℉), add small amounts to the egg mixture, and mix well. Continue until all the cream has been added to the eggs. Strain the mixture.
- Fill the ramekins 2/3rds the way full. Add the ramekins to a baking tray about the same height as the ramekins.
- Add the pan to the recteq and fill the sides of the pan with hot water about 2/3rds up the ramekins. This will create a water pan giving the custard the perfect environment to cook in.
- Allow the custard to cook for 35-40 minutes until set. Then remove and allow the custard to cool on the counter for a few minutes before placing in the fridge to chill for 4-6 hours.
- To serve, top each custard with about 1 teaspoon of sugar and Brulée with a torch to create an even, caramelized sugar topping.
The perfect stand-alone dessert, this would be an incredible follow-up to Bryan Bingham's Grilling Trifecta.