There's nothing better than Smoked Strawberry Pie with a recteq twist! This simple recipe gives you directions for making fresh Strawberry Pie on the recteq wood pellet grill.
- 3 pounds strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 orange, zested
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar or Lane's BBQ Strawberry Shortcake Rub
You can either top the entire crust or create a lattice top.
- Prepare the dough, In a mixing bowl combine the flour and cold butter with a fork or dough cutter until the texture resembles sand.
- Add the water and salt and mix until the dough just forms a ball. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, wrapping them in plastic and allowing to rest in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- In a bowl combine the sliced strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and orange zest, mix well.
- Remove the dough and on a lightly floured surface roll into 1/8 inch thick, and about 1 inch bigger than the baking dish, and one to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Fill the pan with the strawberry mixture, top with the second dough and seal the edges.
- in a small bowl, beat the egg, with a pastry brush lightly brush the top with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the second listed sugar.
- Preheat recteq to 400℉, bake the pie for 35-45 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the strawberry filling is thick.
This classic Smoked Strawberry Pie makes the perfect dessert for any recteq meal. Your family will love it served with dollops of fresh whipped cream and sprinkles of powdered sugar.