Finish out your backyard spread with this incredibly versatile roasted corn and avocado salad. Whether it's an impromptu party or a covered-dish meal, here's a side the crowd will love. Bring summer right to your table with our delicious Roasted Corn Salad.
- 6 Corn on the cobs, cleaned
- 1 Red onion, cleaned
- 3 Limes
- 1 Cucumber, coarsely diced
- 2 Avocados, coarsely diced
- 1 pound Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub
- 1 tablespoon Ben's Heffer Dust
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro
- Sear Kit
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Preheat recteq to 400°F and place the sear kit inside, raised side up.
- Place cleaned corn on sear kit and roast until corn has a little char on all sides, about 15-20 minutes. Using the cutting board, cut the onion and limes in half and place on the sear kit until both are charred, about 15-20 minutes.
- On cutting board; dice cucumbers and place in large mixing bowl, cut avocados in half and remove the pit. Dice avocado and place into mixing bowl. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and place in mixing bowl with oil, Ben's Heffer Dust, Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub, and mix well.
- Once corn, onion, and lime are done roasting, remove from recteq and allow to cool. Cut the kernels from cob and place in the mixing bowl, rough chop onion and squeeze lime in mixing bowl and mix well. Top with cilantro and serve.
This salad is perfect served chilled or room temperature and goes fabulously with any lunch or dinner. Pair it up with your favorite summertime cooks for a colorful plate they can't resist.