Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
- 2lbs. andouille sausage, sliced
- 2lbs. Shrimp, peeled &deveined
- 3lbs. chicken thighs, cubed
- 3 cups onion, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper, ground
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 10oz white wine
- 28oz crushed tomatoes
- 96oz chicken stock
- 5 cups white rice
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- Pre-heat Matador to high heat.
- Add the sliced sausage and cook for 3-4 minutes, then move to the front row.
- Add the cubed chicken thighs and sear 2-3 minutes, then move to the front row.
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and spices, then cook until tender (4-5 minutes).
- Combine all the ingredients, add the crushed tomatoes, white wine, and chicken stock, then allow the mixture to simmer while covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook while covered for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the top, cover, and turn off the heat, allowing the jambalaya to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Top with sliced green onions.