RT-2500 BFG Wood Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
THIS AIN’T NO GAME.
The RT-2500 BFG is the king of the mountain in pellet grilling, and you won’t find more bang for your buck anywhere or at any price. By focusing on flavor, convenience, and versatility, the RT-2500 makes all other grills obsolete. Additionally, our commitment to superior build quality, components, warranty, temperature control, and customer service ensures that you get everything you pay for out of your grill. In short, there isn’t a grill anywhere in the vicinity of this price point that offers the quality of a recteq. Our factory direct pricing eliminates the middleman, changes the game, and makes you the winner. With all the flavor and none of the hassle, recteq offers better flavor than charcoal and more convenience than gas. You can bake, smoke, sear, grill, and even dehydrate, all with the push of a button. It’s that easy! That’s why those in the know own a recteq.
Below are some undisputed facts that prove why recteqs are the premier grill in the industry:
1. Build Quality
With 2500 square inches of cooking space, this grill is built like a tank. Simply put, it’s a big freakin’ grill! recteq utilizes a combination of high-quality stainless steel designed to last a lifetime. They feature a commonsense design that doesn’t have gimmicky features that create weak points, making our grills something you can pass down to your family as a cherished heirloom filled with years of memories. The ultimate outdoor grill by a mile, we encourage you to buy once and buy right instead of buying inferior products over and over.
recteq features stainless steel grates, firepots, heat deflectors, and drip pans. They also include a stainless steel logo and smoke cap, with stainless steel hardware as well. We have never in the history of our company had a firepot fail on us; we’ve even driven over it with a dump truck and a steamroller (we’re not kidding)! Our automated self-cleaning shutdown mode virtually eliminates the need to clean our firepots. Additionally, we added two interior lights for those late-night cooks. recteq also utilizes a ceramic ignitor rod that won’t rust or corrode that’s been rated for up to 100,000 lighting cycles.
recteq offers the best warranty in the industry, bar none. The RT-2500 BFG comes with a 6-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.
4. Temperature Control
With the most precise controller on the market, our proprietary Smart Grill Technology™ is designed to maintain temperatures to your desired set point. Also, with WiFi capability, you can control your grill from virtually anywhere! This gives you unmatched control, flexibility, and precision. With your recteq reliably holding temperature, you can cook anything you want without worrying about the wild temperature swings that competitor pellet grills struggle with.
5. Customer Service
You simply will not find a company that offers better customer service than recteq. Would you believe that each customer receives both co-founders’ cell phone numbers with their purchase? Well it’s true, and it’s our duty to make you feel as if you’ve truly become part of the recteq family.
We encourage you to read them. They truly speak for themselves.
With world-class grills, world-class customer service, and world-class customers, it’s time to take your grilling game to the next level!
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual 46" meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Xtreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FULL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 500ºF
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- 53 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 53+ hours of continuous cooking
- Iconic micro-polished 304 stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked recteq quality
- Stainless steel controller shelf | Holds a large platter or dish | Protects critical components
- Stainless steel hopper lid | Doubles as a warming surface
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Dual stainless steel hopper lid handles | For easy access from either side of your grill
- Limited edition custom recteq logo | Show off your REC TEC pride with this limited edition REC TEC emblem
- Hydraulic lid system | Open and close your lid with ease
- Dual stainless steel spill-proof bucket hooks | Keep grease buckets from getting knocked off
- Dual smoke stacks with stainless steel caps | Holds up to higher temperatures and will last a lifetime
- Dual reinforced stainless steel pull bar handles | Allows you to easily move your grill
- High temperature powder coated steel lid with welded reinforced frame | Heavy duty | Cleans easily to maintain a new appearance
- (4) 6" locking caster wheels | Easily move and lock your grill in place
- Bottom shelf | Provides ample storage
- (4) Snag-free tool hooks | Keeps cooking tools at an arm's reach
- (4) Stainless steel tie-down points | Immobilize your grill for transport or secure it in place
- 2,535 sq. in. total cooking area with 3 racks | Cook more food than ever before with removable and adjustable middle and top racks
- Dual 761.5 sq. in. removable middle and top racks | Removes with ease
- Dual interior lights | Easily removable, dishwasher safe glass lens | Grill day or night
- 6 grill grates made from 5/16" 304 stainless steel rods | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean
- Integrated stainless steel meat hanger | Removable rod for smoking meats easily
- Centered 304 stainless steel firepot | Indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel heat deflector with integrated smoke tray | Evenly distributes heat throughout cooking chamber
- Dual 304 stainless steel drip pans | Funnels grease out of the cooking chamber into the drip buckets for easy clean up
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles | Nearly 300 years of grilling
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Integrated heat vents | Protects electronics from heat
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Component access panels | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping - The BFG is a very heavy grill and will require a minimum of 2 people to move / assemble once delivered
- 6 Year Warranty | Industry leading
- recteq world-class customer service | Unmatched individualized customer satisfaction
If you are not fully satisfied with your recteq, return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new recteq wood pellet grill.
Ratings & Reviews
Robert W. Carson -
It really is a BFG well built temperature control is spot on plenty a room for lots of food I love my BFG
ron uecke -
BFG - Amazing!
Gave the neighbor my 680 for helping me set up the BFG (needless to say he's happy as hell lol), LOVE it. Did my first cook with it this past weekend, nice packer brisket (18 pounder) and 4-5 slabs of baby backs. Came out amazing and the smoker is a BEAST! GREAT job team Rec Tec as always, couldn't be happier!!! KUDOS!
Pete wall -
First One In Canada
Rick Windrum -
I am a restaurant owner and am expanding my catering business. I purchased this grill highly referred by a friend who has forgotten more about smoking meat than I'll ever know! I have smoked over 300# of Brisket and 100# of Pork Butts in the last 10 days which have turned out better than anything I've ever done...50/50 to the procedures my friend has turned me on to and this grill!! This grill can handle 18 packers at once, and I'm doing 12 pork butts Friday Pm on only 2 shelves! Here are the only reasons I gave only 4 stars...1) the seams in the SS body are not fully caulked up to edges and not completely sealed, I purchased a tube and finished the hard to reach places for 10$ and I'm ok with that but should be a job done thoroughly at factory. The only other issue I experienced with this grill was that it cooks much hotter in the middle where the drain trays peak therefore radiating much more heat...don't really think a design problem, but a necessity for drainage however...rotating product from one side to the other is a must unless you put the heavier cuts in the middle and probe them as a gauge...<br>Don't get me wrong in this review...I love this grill, this purchase, and the support I've gotten!! Would do it again, and may need too!!
Rick W. -
I bought a Traeger 3 years ago and dealt with it's many issues the entire time after cooking at least 1000 # of meat on it, I just ordered my BFG after a friend introduced me to his Bull. I cannot wait to use this on my growing catering business!! If I am as excited after using it the first time as I am now after reading all the reviews and placing my order today, I'll be ordering another!!! Really needs to come with a cover would be my only upfront suggestion! Serious caterers/restauranteurs would want this covered when transporting or not in use. Cant wait!! Will follow up with comments!
BFG 2500 is Built Like a Tank!
Alex Leslie -
The BFG is my first Rec Tec. I only wish I had bought Rec Tecs instead of those Chinese imports I have been using for the past 10 years! The materials and quality of build on this unit can't be beat. Everything is heavy - this thing weighs over 500 pounds before you add the 53 pounds of pellets!<br><br>The interior racks are all heavy solid stainless steel bar stock. I guess the upper racks weigh about 40 pounds each. you can pull them out half way to work over your meats and they won't fall out I keep a pair of welding gloves with my grill to handle the racks. There are three positions for the racks; 4', 6' & 8" above the main grill. I have used two uppers at 4" vertical spacing doing ribs, sausages and thinner cuts of meat. I use a single upper rack in the 6" position for bigger chunks of meat like prime rib and the huge pork butts we get here in Kansas.<br><br>The PID controller keeps the temperature right where you want it most of the time. The only variations I have experienced are when we have strong gusty winds and then it never varies more than 5 degrees. The fire pot is about the size of a loaf pan with air injection all around it for a lot of heat when you need it. I ran it for one hour at 500F to break it in and the temp stayed right up there the whole time. The heavy gauge stainless steel tank holds the heat and minimizes pellet consumption.<br><br>I cook for several organizations I belong to on a volunteer basis, as well as our local access to healthy food project. Every time I set this grill up, people are impressed with the quality of the unit and the food that come out of it. I would not hesitate to recommend the BFG or a smaller unit made by Rec Tec after using this grill for the past couple of months!
BFG Freakin Fantastic
This is my first pellet grill and this has just blown me away this grill is fantastic i am so amazed at the temp control this fired up very fast for being a big grill and held steady temps plus the recovery time is amazing.<br><br>REC TEC has outdone themselves on this one if you were ever on the fence about any grill from them dont be the whole process from start to receiving your product and anything in between they are always there for you.<br>This grill can cook for an army so much space and you can cook for 1 or 2 <br>this is everything and more that i was looking for <br>Thank-You REC TEC
Brent Bamberger -
Pizza oven and slow cooker , it is the best
BFG is a BIG bang for the buck!
Coy Goodnight -
This is just what I have been waiting for! The perfect size for catering and entertaining. I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship and potential durability of this, I've went over it with a fine tooth comb and you can see the amount of thought and planning that went into the design.<br>The BFG holds every characteristic of the smaller 700 Bull, efficiently operating on about the same pellet use scale, holding rock solid temperatures and quickly recovering cabinet temperatures after the lid has been opened for prolonged periods of time.<br>The addition of the two piece drip pan with more slope and dual drip buckets are a welcome addition. The wide stance competition cart and front folding shelf are also welcome additions that come with the unit at no additional cost.