RT-2500 BFG Wood Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
THIS AIN’T NO GAME.
The RT-2500 BFG is the king of the mountain in pellet grilling, and you won’t find more bang for your buck anywhere or at any price. By focusing on flavor, convenience, and versatility, the RT-2500 makes all other grills obsolete. Additionally, our commitment to superior build quality, components, warranty, temperature control, and customer service ensures that you get everything you pay for out of your grill. In short, there isn’t a grill anywhere in the vicinity of this price point that offers the quality of a recteq. Our factory direct pricing eliminates the middleman, changes the game, and makes you the winner. With all the flavor and none of the hassle, recteq offers better flavor than charcoal and more convenience than gas. You can bake, smoke, sear, grill, and even dehydrate, all with the push of a button. It’s that easy! That’s why those in the know own a recteq.
Below are some undisputed facts that prove why recteqs are the premier grill in the industry:
1. Build Quality
With 2500 square inches of cooking space, this grill is built like a tank. Simply put, it’s a big freakin’ grill! recteq utilizes a combination of high-quality stainless steel designed to last a lifetime. They feature a commonsense design that doesn’t have gimmicky features that create weak points, making our grills something you can pass down to your family as a cherished heirloom filled with years of memories. The ultimate outdoor grill by a mile, we encourage you to buy once and buy right instead of buying inferior products over and over.
recteq features stainless steel grates, firepots, heat deflectors, and drip pans. They also include a stainless steel logo and smoke cap, with stainless steel hardware as well. We have never in the history of our company had a firepot fail on us; we’ve even driven over it with a dump truck and a steamroller (we’re not kidding)! Our automated self-cleaning shutdown mode virtually eliminates the need to clean our firepots. Additionally, we added two interior lights for those late-night cooks. recteq also utilizes a ceramic ignitor rod that won’t rust or corrode that’s been rated for up to 100,000 lighting cycles.
recteq offers the best warranty in the industry, bar none. The RT-2500 BFG comes with a 6-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.
4. Temperature Control
With the most precise controller on the market, our proprietary Smart Grill Technology™ is designed to maintain temperatures to your desired set point. Also, with WiFi capability, you can control your grill from virtually anywhere! This gives you unmatched control, flexibility, and precision. With your recteq reliably holding temperature, you can cook anything you want without worrying about the wild temperature swings that competitor pellet grills struggle with.
5. Customer Service
You simply will not find a company that offers better customer service than recteq. Would you believe that each customer receives both co-founders’ cell phone numbers with their purchase? Well it’s true, and it’s our duty to make you feel as if you’ve truly become part of the recteq family.
We encourage you to read them. They truly speak for themselves.
With world-class grills, world-class customer service, and world-class customers, it’s time to take your grilling game to the next level!
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual 46" meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Xtreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FULL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 500ºF
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- 53 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 53+ hours of continuous cooking
- Iconic micro-polished 304 stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked recteq quality
- Stainless steel controller shelf | Holds a large platter or dish | Protects critical components
- Stainless steel hopper lid | Doubles as a warming surface
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Dual stainless steel hopper lid handles | For easy access from either side of your grill
- Limited edition custom recteq logo | Show off your REC TEC pride with this limited edition REC TEC emblem
- Hydraulic lid system | Open and close your lid with ease
- Dual stainless steel spill-proof bucket hooks | Keep grease buckets from getting knocked off
- Dual smoke stacks with stainless steel caps | Holds up to higher temperatures and will last a lifetime
- Dual reinforced stainless steel pull bar handles | Allows you to easily move your grill
- High temperature powder coated steel lid with welded reinforced frame | Heavy duty | Cleans easily to maintain a new appearance
- (4) 6" locking caster wheels | Easily move and lock your grill in place
- Bottom shelf | Provides ample storage
- (4) Snag-free tool hooks | Keeps cooking tools at an arm's reach
- (4) Stainless steel tie-down points | Immobilize your grill for transport or secure it in place
- 2,535 sq. in. total cooking area with 3 racks | Cook more food than ever before with removable and adjustable middle and top racks
- Dual 761.5 sq. in. removable middle and top racks | Removes with ease
- Dual interior lights | Easily removable, dishwasher safe glass lens | Grill day or night
- 6 grill grates made from 5/16" 304 stainless steel rods | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean
- Integrated stainless steel meat hanger | Removable rod for smoking meats easily
- Centered 304 stainless steel firepot | Indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel heat deflector with integrated smoke tray | Evenly distributes heat throughout cooking chamber
- Dual 304 stainless steel drip pans | Funnels grease out of the cooking chamber into the drip buckets for easy clean up
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles | Nearly 300 years of grilling
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Integrated heat vents | Protects electronics from heat
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Component access panels | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping - The BFG is a very heavy grill and will require a minimum of 2 people to move / assemble once delivered
- 6 Year Warranty | Industry leading
- recteq world-class customer service | Unmatched individualized customer satisfaction
If you are not fully satisfied with your recteq, return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new recteq wood pellet grill.
Ratings & Reviews
1st time Rec Tec owner
Perfectly prepped and packaged....instructions were VERY CLEAR with actual pictures.... quality heavy duty construction....did everything myself except lifting grill onto base...only took a few hrs......burn in and cleaning tomorrow.
Matt wambold -
Just bought the bull 700 champion package. Wish I would have known this was coming out, would have purchased this one instead. Looks like it accomidates more food more efficiently.
All purpose cooking machine
I’ve had my BFG-2500 for a few weeks now. Assembly instruction were very clear, everything fit together perfectly and quality of materials is outstanding. I’ve smoked ribs, a pork butt and chicken wings. I’ve grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken thighs, a spatchcock chicken and salmon. I’ve baked a homemade pizza.. I seared rib eye steaks using the sear kit. I’ve sautéed onions and mushrooms on the griddle. Everything came out great, this grill does EVERYTHING! I couldn’t be happier with this grill.
Joe Busch -
This is an amazing piece of cooking hardware! Gonna be a great summer!
Based on the 5 I own
Bill Wyko -
Based on the 5 Rec Tec's I own and 8 years of use, I can tell you, this is going to be an amazing grill. I see the controller, quality stainless steel and the amazing competition base is in use which I have on my grill. It's obvious this will be yet another Rec tec with superb quality, dead on temp control and rock solid easy to roll base. You can bet It'll be yet another I will add to my arsenal of Rec Tec's. FYI, my 680 is on it's way to being 8 years old, It still works perfectly like it did on day one. I've already done your research, you can't go wrong here, click buy now, thank me later.
Best freakin’ grill! Look no further
Mark Moskowitz -
BFG 2500 should stand for best freakin’ grill. This smoker is a game changer and don’t be intimidated by size. The extra capacity is worth it for scaling up for big gatherings. It still delivers when smoking just for the family too. Burns cleanly and temps are steady whether smoking for 5 hrs or 12 hrs-plus. The materials are high quality. The drip pans are set at good angle and make for less mess. Lastly, the Bull Handles just affirm that this is one solid smoker that stands out. Thanks Rec Tec!
Best Smoker Ever!
Brett C -
I purchased a Bull 700 last summer, and my only complaint was that I couldn’t fit 5 packers on it. When I saw the BFG, it was love at first sight. The quality construction of these grills is undeniable, overbuilt to the point I felt guilty that I didn’t pay more for it. I now have plans to use the grill to smoke 5 packers and a dozen slabs of ribs for Memorial Day. Incredibly excited for al the cooks planned this summer. Thank you REC TEC!!!!
Cant wait to use this <br>In 2 Words<br>Game On
Charles Jones -
I had the 680 OG red painted lid for 5+ years. It ran flawless. Just upgraded to the BFG and it again is a piece of art.
David Chamerski -
Love this grill and the company