Sweet Tea Peach Ribs
- 1 rack St. Louis cut ribs
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet tea
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Peach BBQ Sauce:
- 1 bottle recteq Gourmet BBQ Sauce
- 1 ripe peach, skinned and puréed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Start by removing the silver skin (membrane) from the back of the ribs using the back of a spoon and dry paper towel.
- In a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients and mix well.
- Rub both sides of ribs with mustard and molasses.
- Generously apply the rub to both sides of ribs.
- Next, sprinkle the 2 tbsp of brown sugar on top of rub on the meaty side of the rib and set in fridge for 6-24 hours.
- Place on the recteq, bone side down, at 225ºF for 30 minutes.
- Add the sweet tea and apple cider vinegar to foil and wrap up the ribs.
- Place wrapped ribs back in the smoker for 1.5 hours.
- During this time, make the BBQ sauce in a pot on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the foil and put back in smoker meaty side up.
- Brush on BBQ sauce and let smoke for 1 hour.