- 1lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 16oz beef broth
- 8oz heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1oz brandy
- Pre-heat recteq to 425°F with a cast-iron pan.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the beef, bread crumbs, parsley, spices and egg, then mix well.
- Shape into golf ball sized meatballs.
- Add the oil to the cast-iron pan and sear meatballs until golden on all sides (4-5 minutes).
- Add the meatballs to a grill mat next to the cast-iron pan.
- Add the butter and flour to the pan to form a roux (1-2 minutes).
- Add the beef stock, cream, Worcestershire, mustard, and brandy to the pan and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
Best served over cooked rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.