Street Tacos with Fire Roasted Salsa
- 2-3lbs. skirt steak
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub
- Cojita cheese
- Shredded cabbage
- Corn or flour tortillas
Fire Roasted Salsa:
- 2lbs. campari tomatoes, halved
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeños - seeded & chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1oz cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Trim skirt steak of excess fat, and marinate in lime juice and Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub for a few hours.
- To prepare salsa, combine all vegetables, olive oil, and Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub, and cook on a grill mat for 25-30 minutes at 250°F until golden brown.
- Add the roasted vegetable mixture to a food processor with the honey, hot sauce, cilantro, and lime juice, and pulse to desired texture.
- Pre-heat recteq to full and sear skirt steak for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Allow the meat to rest for 6-8 minutes.
- Slice the skirt steak thinly across the grain.
- To build the taco, add a few slices of steak, cabbage, cojita cheese, and the fire roasted salsa.