Smoked Lobster Mac N Cheese
- 1lb. cavatappi pasta, cooked
- 2oz butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8oz white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16oz butterkäse cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Meat from 2 lobsters, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- In the Matador, sauté shallots in butter for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the flour to create a roux and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a wire whisk, incorporate the milk, cream, and sherry, then allow to come to a simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Over very low heat add the cheeses, mustard, salt, pepper, and lobster (taste for seasoning).
- Stir in the pasta and parsley.
- Butter or oil a baking dish, add the lobster and macaroni mixture into the pan, and top with the bread crumbs.
- Preheat recteq at 325°F and bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is brown and crisp.