Smoked Citrus and Maple Goose
- 10lb. whole goose
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 limes, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tbsp Ben's Heffer Dust
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Dry the goose very well and pierce the skin with a needle all over to help render the skin crispy when cooking.
- Season the bird with sea salt all over and set uncovered in the fridge overnight.
- Remove and dry the bird again with paper towels, then add the sliced citrus and maple syrup to the cavity and seal the skin shut with a wooden skewer.
- Cook at 250℉ until the internal temperature of the breast registers 165℉.
- Allow the goose to rest for at least 20-25 minutes prior to slicing.
Goose is great served with orange marmalade, brushed on the skin during the last 10 minutes.