Smoked Asian Duck
- 7lb. whole duck
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp Jody's Asian Persuasion
- Dry the duck very well and secure the neck skin to the carcass with butchers twine.
- Combine the hoisin, soy sauce, Sriracha, ginger, and 1 tbsp of Jody's Asian Persuasion to create a marinade, reserve 2 tbsp as a final glaze.
- Season the inside of the carcass with 1 tbsp sea salt, add the marinade, and secure the opening by threading a wooden skewer through the skin around the cavity.
- Season the outside of the duck with with 1 tbsp sea salt and let the duck sit uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove the duck form the fridge and dry well with paper towels, then season with 1 tbsp of Jody's Asian Persuasion.
- Pre-heat recteq to 250℉ and cook the duck until the internal temp. in the breast registers 165℉. Brush the reserved glaze over the duck during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Allow the duck to rest for at least 20 minutes prior to slicing.