Shredded beef Tacos
- 3-4lb. beef shoulder
- 1 bottle of your favorite stout beer
- 1 can Rotel® tomatoes and green chilis
- 16oz can diced roasted tomatoes
- 1 can diced roasted green chilis or 1 cup fresh roasted chilies
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 16oz can beef broth
- Olive oil
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Taco toppings of your choice.
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place meat on the recteq at 250°F until an internal temp of 165°F is reached.
- Mix ingredients for rub.
- In a roasting plan, combine the beer, sliced onions, Rotel, tomatoes, chilies, Worcestershire, chopped garlic, lime juice, beef broth, bay leaf, 2 tbsp of beef rub, and a cup or two of water (ensure there is enough liquid to braise the beef).
- Place the beef in the liquid and place back on recteq at 350°F until an internal temp. of 203°F is reached, or when the beef is fork tender and easily shreds.
- Shred the beef in the braising liquid and serve with tortillas and toppings of your choice.