Shiner Bock Braised Beef
- 6lb. boneless chuck roast
- 2lb. carrot, diced
- 2lb. onion, diced
- 2lb. celery, diced
- 2lb. mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 32oz tomato, canned
- 32oz Shiner Bock beer
- 48oz beef stock
- 1oz rosemary, fresh
- 1oz thyme, fresh
- 4lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tbsp Ron's Screamin' Pig Rub
- 1 tbsp Ben's Heffer Dust
- Pre-heat recteq to 275℉.
- Add the carrots, onions, celery, and mushrooms to a large roasting pan.
- Season the chuck roast liberally with Ron's Kickin' Espresso Joe Rub.
- Add the seasoned chuck roast to a roasting rack and place over the vegetables.
- Cook for 3 hours, then place the beef on a cutting board.
- Increase the temperature to 400℉ and add the flour to the roasted vegetable mixture, stirring well to create a roux.
- Add the Shiner Bock, tomatoes, and beef stock.
- Cut the beef in large cubes and add into the braising liquid.
- Cook for 2 hours, add the Yukon gold potatoes, and continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes until the beef and potatoes are tender.