Reverse Seared Ribeye with Herb Butter
- 4 ribeye steaks (at least 1" thick)
- 4 tbsp recteq Grills Ben's Heffer Dust
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Garlic and Herb Compound Butter:
- 1 stick softened butter (not melted)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs (sage, thyme, and rosemary)
- Mix garlic and herb compound butter ingredients until smooth.
- Place mixture onto a sheet of wax paper and roll into a log about 1.5" diameter and refrigerate.
- Preheat recteq grill to 225°F.
- Season steaks with oil and Ben's Heffer Dust.
- Cook the steaks until they reach an internal temperature of 125‚Ñâ then remove (45-60 minutes).
- Turn the grill up to full with the sear kit and let it come to temperature while the steaks rest.
- Once the grill has come to temperature, sear the steaks for approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove steaks from grill and add at least 2 pats of the garlic and herb butter to each steak, and let them melt over the meat.
- Let rest 5 minutes.