Reverse Seared Cowboy Ribeye
- 2.5lb. cowboy ribeye steak
- Olive oil
- Ben's Heffer Dust
- Pre-heat recteq to 225°F.
- Liberally apply Ben's Heffer Dust and let rest for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the steaks on the recteq and smoke at 225°F until reaching an internal temp. of 120°F.
- Remove the steaks and increase temperature to full with a sear kit.
- Using the sear kit, grill for about 3 minutes per side.
- Let the steaks rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
For medium-rare, cook the steaks to around 135°F; medium is 140°F, and medium-well is 145°F.