- 1 x 18-20lb. whole brisket
- Ben's Heffer Dust
- 3 tbsp beef base
- 1 au jus packet
- 32oz water
- Mix injection ingredients in sauce pan and heat. Do not boil and allow to cool before injecting
- Trim brisket by removing excess fat from the flat side and removing fat to expose the point side.
- Inject brisket and refrigerate overnight.
- Season with Ben's Heffer Dust and let rest on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Smoke at 235°F until the meat hits an internal temperature of 165°F (approximately 8-10 hours).
- Double wrap brisket with foil adding 1 cup of leftover injection.
- When brisket hits 203°F, begin probing brisket for tenderness (approximately 4 hours).
- Allow brisket to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Separate the flat and point, and slice against the grain.