- 1 Pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp Rossarooski's Rib Rub
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start recteq and set the temperature to 250ºF.
- Unpack and trim the pork shoulder as desired.
- Apply salt and pepper to the entire shoulder.
- Rub the shoulder with Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub.
- Let stand for a few minutes to let rub soak into the meat.
- Place on the recteq.
- When the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160ºF, place on large piece of foil with apple juice on bottom.
- Add brown sugar butter, to the top of the meat.
- Wrap tightly and place back on the cooker.
- Let cook until the internal temperature is between 195ºF-200ºF.
- Let the meat rest for 60 minutes.