Pork Egg Rolls
- 2lbs. ground pork
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 green cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, julienned
- 8oz carrots, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1.5 tbsp Jody's Asian Persuasion Rub
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp hoisin
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- 16oz wonton wrappers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 gal fryer oil
- Pre-heat Matador to high.
- Add sesame oil and cook pork until done (about 3-5 minutes).
- Move the pork to the Front Row and add the ginger, cabbage, onion, and carrots, then stir fry until the vegetables are just tender (about 4-5 minutes).
- Combine with the pork and add the Asian Persuasion, soy sauce, hoisin, cooking wine, and green onions, cooking until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Place the pork and cabbage mixture into the fridge and allow to cool completely.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a cutting board and brush the border of the wrapper with the beaten egg.
- Add 2oz of the pork filling to one corner of the wrapper.
- Fold the corner of the wrapper over the top of the filling, folding in each side and continuing to roll until the egg roll has been sealed on all sides.
- Pre-heat the Matador to 350℉ with 1 gallon of oil.
- Fry the egg rolls for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
If making a large quantity of egg rolls, keep them covered with a damp towel to keep the wontons moist.