If you are a resident of California, click here to view our California Privacy Notice.
If you are a resident of Nevada, click here to view our Nevada Privacy Notice
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
recteq collects personal information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the personal information we may collect:
- Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your name, address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Account Information. If you create an account on our Platform, we may collect your account log-in and password.
- Social Media Information. We may collect personal information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and personal information posted on your page.
- Payment Information. For example, this may include your billing address, your preferred method of payment, and your payment card type. Through our service providers, we may also collect your credit or debit card information.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the services in which you are interested or have considered. We may also collect personal information about your consuming history or tendencies.
- Financing Information. If you finance your purchase with us, we, through our vendors, may collect information required to run a credit or background check.
- Information You Post or Submit. We may collect personal information you post in a public space on our Platform, such as when you leave a product review. We may collect personal information that you submit when you contact our customer service team or your account representative.
- Demographic Information. We may demographic information such as your zip code.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your browser information, device identifier, IP address or operating system type.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect information about the city or state where you are located. We may also collect geographic information based on your IP address.
- Internet Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using or your browsing or search history. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also collect information about how you interact with an advertisement.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
recteq collects your personal information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your personal information.
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Request information aboout our services.
- Purchase our products.
- Submit a product return.
- Sign up for recteq Academy class.
- Submit a financing application.
- Participate in one of our promotions or contests.
- Sign up to recieve promotional communications or a newsletter.
- Complete a survey.
- Leave a product review.
- Submit information to, or through, our Platform.
- Submit a request to, or engage with, our customer service team.
- Interact with out social media pages.
- Otherwise interact with us.
Passively. For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate our Platform on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Platform.
We may also collect personal information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
From Third Parties. We may receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving personal information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and third parties that promote our products via their own platforms.
- Social media sites or job posting sites, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Glassdoor, YouTube and Instagram.
Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine personal information that we collect offline with personal information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine personal information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine personal information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your personal information include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products and services.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your personal information to make our Platform, products and services better. We may also use your personal information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your personal information to better understand what interests you. This may also include using your information for market research purposes.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your personal information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our services or products. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might use your personal information to serve you ads about our offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your personal information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices Regarding Your Information section below.
- For Internal Record Keeping.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our services. It may also include protecting our Platform or investigating a potential fraud.
- To Create De-Identified Information. We may anonymize, aggregate, strip or otherwise de-identify personal information of identifying characteristics and may use or share that data with third parties for any purpose we deem appropriate.
- As Otherwise Permitted or Required By Law or As We May Notify You. This includes using your information for our legitimate business needs.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Policy.
- On Our Platform. For example, we may publicly display personal information you post on our social media sites or submit through our customer reviews feature.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, we may also share personal information with social media sites, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers for the purposes described in this Policy. We may also share personal information with companies that help us learn more about our customers.
- With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your personal information with others. These third parties may use your personal information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, this may occur if recteq merges with, is acquired by, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may sell or transfer our customer personal information as an asset or as part of a larger transaction action.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing personal information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share personal information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- Where You Have Asked Us to Share Your Information with a Third Party.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You At the Time of Collection.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information. This section describes our personal information practices offline and online, and contains these required disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA.
Please note that, to the extent permitted under CCPA, this section does not apply to the personal information of California residents that we collect:
- From our workforce members for employment-related purposes
- In the course of certain business-to-business transactions
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for “business purposes” or for “sale” purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
- In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents: identifiers; categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80, including physical characteristics or description; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity information; audio, electronic and visual information; and inferences drawn from the categories in this paragraph. We do not “sell” California consumer personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration. If you would like to limit the cookies and other tracking tools used our on Platform, please visit our About Our Ads policy.
- We may disclose any of the above categories of personal information for “business purposes” as this term is defined in CCPA.
- We may collect personal information as described in the “HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy
- We may use personal information we collect for “business purposes” and “commercial purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA. These purposes are as described in the “HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
- We may share personal information we collect with third parties as described in the “HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- Notice. This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Deletion. This means that you can request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Equaal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us email@example.com. Please indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request.
Additional Information about your California Rights. If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
NEVADA PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain “personal information” as defined under this law that we have collected or will collect about you. As of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly engage in the “sale” of “personal information” of Nevada residents. This statement is based on our understanding of how the term “sale” is defined under 603A as of the date of this Policy. However, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us by email at email@example.com. Please indicate you are a Nevada resident making a “Nevada Opt-Out” request.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 18, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 18 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you may still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions contained in the communication.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. Personal Information processed and stored in another country, including the United States, may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our Platform or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. This includes third-party sites that offer resources and content which you can access through our Platform. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by calling (404) 421-0532. You may also write to us at the following address:
1061 Triad Court
Marietta, GA 30062
CHANGES IN POLICY