New York Style Cheesecakee
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7 tbsp butter, melted
- 24oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 and 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine all ingredients for the crust and mix well in large bowl.
- Add crust mixture to a spring form baking pan and using your hands press into the bottom and sides to create a 1/4" thick crust.
- Using a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and sour cream until well incorporated.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, using a rubber spatula a few times to scrape the bowl to ensure everything is well mixed.
- Add the eggs and yolks, flour, and cream, then mix for 1-2 minutes until just combined.
- Add the filling to the crust and smoke on the preheated REC TEC grill at 325°F for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Let the cheesecake sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before refrigerating overnight.
Prior to slicing, run hot water over your knife to ensure perfect slicing; dip the knife into a glass of hot water and wipe on clean towel prior to each subsequent cut.