Mini Atomic Buffalo Bites
- 4 jalapeños, sliced
- 4oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2lbs. Italian sausage, bulk
- 1/2lb. bacon
- 4oz recteq Spicy BBQ Sauce
- Preheat recteq to 350°F.
- Slice the jalapeños in 1/4" coins, removing seeds.
- Grab 2oz of sausage and roll into a small meat ball, making a thumb print in the middle and filling with a jalapeño slice and cheddar cheese.
- Carefully seal the sausage and form into an egg shape.
- Cut the bacon in half lengthwise, wrap the slice around the sausage ball, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped bites on a grill mat and cook for 30-35 minutes until the bacon is crisp.
- During last few minutes of cooking, glaze with the BBQ Sauce.
These can be dressed up with the addition of a small andouille or smoked sausage coin.