Mediterranean Stuffed Flank Steak
- 1 flank steak
- 10oz baby spinach
- 1 cup onions, julienned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tbsp Ben's Heffer Dust
- In a Matador, caramelize the onions in olive oil (4-5 minutes).
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted; cool completely and drain any excess liquid.
- On a cutting board, butterfly the flank steak being careful to not cut completely through the meat.
- Season the flank steak with 2 tbsp of Ben's Heffer Dust and rub with garlic.
- Add the spinach mixture evenly across the meat, then top with the chopped olives and feta cheese, and roll the flank steak tightly and secure with butchers twine.
- Season the outside with 1 tbsp Ben's Heffer Dust.
- Preheat recteq to 425°F with a sear kit, flat side up.
- Sear on all sides and cook until the internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- Let the flank steak rest for 15-20 minutes, then slice across the grain.