Maple Brined Smoked Turkey Legs
- 10 turkey legs
- 5 tbsp Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub
- 2 gal water
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp whole black peppercorn
- 2 cup maple syrup
- Add all ingredients for the brine to a pot and simmer to dissolve ingredients, then cool completely.
- Pull the skin back from the turkey legs to allow the brine to penetrate the meat evenly.
- Brine for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Pre-heat recteq to 250℉.
- Remove the legs from the brine and dry completely with a paper towel.
- Season the legs liberally both under and on top of the skin with Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub.
- Smoke for 4-4.5 hours until legs reach an internal temp. of 170℉-175℉.