Linguine with White Clam Sauce
- 4lbs. linguine pasta, cooked 90%
- 24 whole littleneck clams, washed
- 7, 6.5oz canned chopped clams
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 3oz garlic, minced
- 8oz onion, diced
- 2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 750 mL chardonnay wine
- 2oz parsley, chopped
- 2oz basil, chopped
- 4oz butter
- Salt to taste
- Medium heat, add the olive oil and garlic in a Matador and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the onions, red pepper flakes, and Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub, then cook until the onions are translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Turn the heat to high, and add the whole clams; cook for 2 minutes then add the white wine and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, reducing the wine.
- Add the canned clams with their juices and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- To finish the sauce, add the butter, parsley, and basil, with salt to taste as needed.
- Add the partially cooked linguine and allow it to soak up the sauce.