Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Pineapple and Black Bean Relish
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 tbsp Ben's Heffer Dust
- 2 tsp allspice, ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp cloves, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 4oz onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Pineapple & Black Bean Relish:
- 1 cored fresh pineapple, cut in rings
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2oz fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1, 12oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Puree ingredients for marinade until smooth.
- Trim pork tenderloins of excess fat and silver skin.
- Combine the pork and marinade, then set aside for 4-6 hours.
- Preheat recteq to 425°F.
- Season the pork with Ben's Heffer Dust and sear on all sides to an internal of 145°F.
- Allow the pork to rest 15-20 minutes, then slice.
- Grill the pineapple rings until golden brown (5-8 minutes).
- Rough chop the pineapple and combine with the remaining ingredients.
Best served when the pineapple is still slightly warm.