Grilled Scallops with Citrus Avocado Salad
- 1lb. sea scallops
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub
Citrus Avocado Salad:
- 3 grapefruits, peeled and chopped
- 3 avocados, diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Ben's Heffer Dust
- Pre-heat recteq to full with a sear kit, flat side up.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chopped grapefruit, avocado, lime, shallots, basil, chili, and Ben's Heffer Dust to make the salad.
- On a plate lined with paper towels, remove the side abductor muscle from the scallops, then using another towel, dry the tops of the scallops.
- Lightly season the scallops with the olive oil and Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub.
- Add to a pre-heated sear kit and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until the scallops have a good crust and are cooked through.
- Let the scallops rest 2-3 minutes prior to serving alongside the salad.