Fried Shrimp Po' Boy
- 2lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub
- Green leaf lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Baguette bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp pickle relish
- 1 tbsp scallions, minced
- 1 tbsp Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub
- Mix ingredients for remoulade well.
- Pre-heat Matador to 325°F-350°F.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, and Durty Gurl Rub, then add the shrimp and coat in the flour mixture.
- Shake off the excess flour and fry until golden brown (5-6 minutes).
- Remove the shrimp and place on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease.
- To build the sandwich, cut in half and spread the remoulade on both sides of the baguette, then add the shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and fried shrimp.