Fresh Potato Chips
- 5lbs. Idaho potatoes
- 1 gal vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- Cut potatoes on a mandolin 1/16" thick.
- Soak the potatoes in cold water, changing the water every 5 minutes to rinse away the excess starch.
- After the 3rd rinse, add the kosher salt and fresh water and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat Matador with the oil set to 350°F.
- Drain the potatoes and let sit on paper towels to remove excess water.
- Add the potatoes in batches and fry for 5-6 minutes until crisp.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- If a flavored chip is desired, any salt or specific flavorings can be used once dried.