Fresh Mussels with Fennel and Basil
- 5lbs. fresh mussels, washed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fennel, shaved
- 1 cup onion, julienned
- 2 tbsp Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4oz butter
- 12oz white wine
- 2oz basil, freshly chopped
- Preheat Matador to medium heat.
- Add olive oil, fennel, onion, garlic, and Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub, and cook for 8 minutes until caramelized.
- Add mussels, butter, and wine, and cook until the mussels open after about 6-8 minutes.
- Finish with fresh chopped basil.
Enjoyed best with warm, crusty bread.