Coconut and Peanut Chicken Curry
- 8lbs. chicken thighs, diced
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 large onions, diced
- 20oz tomatoes, diced
- 4 tsp tumeric
- 4 tsp coriander
- 4 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 96oz chicken stock
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups peanuts, roasted
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 13.5oz unsweetened coconut
- Pre-heat Matador to medium heat.
- Add the oil and onions and cook until the onions are slightly caramelized (5-6 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes and cook until all the water has been cooked out (5-6 minutes).
- Add all the aromatic spices, ginger, and garlic, then cook 4-5 minutes until the spices are very fragrant and toasted.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and coconut milk, then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the roasted peanuts and cilantro.
- Best enjoyed with basmati rice and naan bread.