Chipotle Citrus Marmalade
- 6 navel oranges
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 4 cups water
- Pre-heat recteq to 350℉.
- Wash and slice oranges very thinly, removing seeds.
- Cut in quarters.
- Add to a large, cast enamel pan on smoker and cook for 30-45 minutes until softened.
- Add 4 cups of water and allow to come to a simmer.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice and zest, then continue cooking until the mixture thickens and has an internal temp. of 223℉ (about 1.5 hours).
- Allow the orange mixture to cool prior to placing in the fridge.
- Best served with fresh biscuits.