Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 2lbs. broccoli crowns, trimmed
- 3 cups white rice
- 4oz bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 4oz butter
- 2 tbsp Ben's Heffer Dust
- 2 tbsp Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16oz chicken stock
- 32oz heavy cream
- 16oz sour cream
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the rice per package instructions.
- Trim the stems from the broccoli, cutting the stems in small pieces.
- Cook the broccoli florets on a mat for 15 minutes at 375℉ until lightly smoked.
- Heat Matador over medium heat.
- Cook the sliced bacon until crisp.
- Add the onion and diced broccoli stems and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Add the garlic, butter, and seasoning and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the flour to form a roux, then cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and heavy cream, allowing to simmer to thicken.
- Add the sour cream, cooked rice, broccoli florets, and cheese, then stir to combine and taste, adjusting seasoning as needed.
- Add to a greased 9"x13" inch pan, then top with 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 375℉ for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbly.