Boudin and Venison Chili
- 2lbs. bacon, chopped
- 5lbs. boudin sausage
- 5lbs. venison, ground
- 4oz garlic, chopped
- 2lbs. red onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 poblanos, seeded and chopped
- 4, 16oz cans beans, drained (kidney, black, navy, and pinto)
- 4, 16oz cans crushed Tomatoes
- 16oz Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 cup Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 4 tbsp chili powder, dark
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Preheat Matador to high.
- Add bacon and cook until rendered; remove excess fat.
- Remove the boudin from the casing and add to the pan and break into small pieces.
- Add the ground venison, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub, and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add the garlic, onion, and peppers, and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Mix, and chicken stock.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 45-60 minutes.