- 4 lb Whole Chicken
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoons Ron's Screamin' Pig Rub
- 6 ounces recteq Gourmet BBQ Sauce
- 6 ounces Maple BBQ Sauce
- 6 pairs Sesame Seed Buns
- Chicken Shears
- Mixing Bowl
- Burning the Ultimate Blend pellets, preheat recteq to 375°F.
- Using poultry shears or a sharp knife cut on side of the backbone to spatchcock the chicken, this will allow the chicken to lay out flat for even cooking.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and season both sides of the chicken with 3 tablespoons Ron's Screamin' Pig Rub and place on a non-stick cooking mat.
- Add the spatchcocked chicken to the recteq and allow it to cook for about 90 minutes or until the breast has reached 165°F and the legs/thighs has reached 180°F. Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat into a large mixing bowl and season with 2 tablespoons of 2 Ron's Screamin' Pig Rub.
- In a small mixing bowl, add both BBQ sauces and mix well. Place 1/2 cup of the shredded chicken on the bottom of sesame seed bun and drizzle BBQ sauce over chicken and top with bun. Repeat till all buns are used.
First, dig into your RECTEQ ICER and grab a cold drink and share with your friends and family. Next up, we suggest our Kung Pow Brussels Sprouts and a fine Wedge Salad with smoked bacon.