Smoke up this delicious Pig Candy (candied bacon) on your recteq pellet grill for the best bacon you've ever tasted.
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Rossarooski’s Honey Rib Rub
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Combine brown sugar, Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub, and cayenne pepper.
- Lay bacon strips on a grill mat, leaving a little space between strips.
- Brush top sides of bacon with a light coating of maple syrup and generously sprinkle brown sugar mixture on each strip.
- Smoke on recteq at 225°F for 1 hour.
- Remove bacon from grill, flip, and give the untreated side of each piece of bacon a brush of maple syrup and sprinkle of brown sugar mixture.
- Return bacon to grill and smoke at 225°F for 1 hour.
- Cool for 30-60 minutes.
For a less spicy option, you can omit or reduce the amount of cayenne pepper.