- 3 pounds Ground Beef 80/20
- 2 tablespoons Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub
- 2 1/3 tablespoons Ben's Heffer Dust
- 1.5 cups Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- 6 Kaiser Rolls
- 1 each Butter Crunch Lettuce
- Preheat recteq to 225°F with a sear kit flat side up.
- Shape the ground beef into 6 large 1/2 pound burger patties. Season each side with the 1 tablespoon of Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub and 1 tablespoon of Ben's Heffer Dust.
- Smoke the burgers at 225°F for 45-60 minutes until 120°F internal.
- In a medium size bowl, prepare the burger sauce by combining the mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, sweet pickle relish, 1 tablespoon Chef Greg's 4 Letter Rub, and 1 teaspoon of Ben's Heffer Dust. Mix well.
- Once the burgers have hit 120°F, remove them from the grill and increase the grill temperature to 500°F.
- Once the grill has reached the higher temperature, add the burger to the flat side of the sear kit and cook for 3-4 minutes a side until 135°F internal, add cheese if desired.
- For the ultimate burger, make sure you toast the buns and be generous with the toppings and burger sauce.
First, make sure that you slather on that fabulous burger sauce. Next up, make sure you have all of the crowd favorites like coleslaw, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cheese, and more.