- 4 ea Lamb Shanks
- 2 tbsp recteq's Ben's Heffer Dust
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 2 cups Yellow Onions, diced, medium
- 1 cup Carrots, diced, medium
- 1 cup Celery, diced, medium
- 16 oz Cabernet Wine
- 28 oz Tomatoes, canned
- 24 oz Beef Stock
- 3 ea Fresh Rosemary, sprigs
- 3 ea Bay Leaves, dried
- Cutting Board
- Vegetable Peeler
- 8 qt Cast Enamel Dutch Oven
- Preheat recteq to 450°F along with the Dutch oven to preheat as well.
- Lightly rub the lamb shanks with olive oil and season with the Ben's Heffer Dust. Add the shanks to the grill grates and allow the shanks to roast for about 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add some olive oil to the Dutch oven along with the Onions, Carrots, and Celery, allow the vegetables to caramelize slightly, approximately 25 minutes.
- When the vegetables have a good caramelized color add the tomatoes, herbs, wine, and stock, allow the mixture to come to a simmer.
- When the lamb shanks have a robust color, add them to the simmering Dutch Oven, cover and reduce the temperature of the recteq to 325°F.
- Allow the shanks to simmer for 2-3 hours until the meat is probe tender.
Serving Suggestions: This recipe pairs very well with your favorite mashed potato or herb potato gratin. If you're not a fan of Lamb, you can use this same recipe for Beef Osso Buco.